Welcome Desert Garden Montessori Families,
My name is Hillary Stewart and, as many of you know, I have been a part of Desert Garden Montessori for many years. Not only have I worked in the Toddler environment, but I have also worked in Primary classrooms, Late Day, the front desk, the Outdoor environment, and in an Art Classroom. I met my husband here at the school and we have three children — Dylan, Trinity, and Presley, all of whom attended Desert Garden. This is our family, our second home.
I have been an Infant/Toddler Lead teacher here at DGM since 2011. Throughout that time, I have also served as an Infant/Toddler Consultant and Trainer for other schools and teachers who are seeking Montessori Certification. This year, I am excited to use my skills and experience in a new role here at the school. I will be stepping out of the Classroom Lead role to serve the Infant/Toddler program as a whole as the Infant/Toddler Lead Consultant.
My role as the Infant/Toddler Lead Consultant is to support the students, the staff, and the parents and to elevate and create the most robust program and curricular opportunities for your little ones at school and at home.
Some of my duties will include the following.
- Developing and enhancing curriculum for all Infant/Toddler classrooms
- Coordinating and managing online learning for Infant, Toddler and Primary programs
- Providing parent education on what to expect from Infants & Toddlers
- Providing parent education on Montessori and philosophy and understanding
- Partnering with the iTeam to provide training for parents in managing the Social/Emotional needs of Infants and Toddlers
- Helping parents set up their home to flow with their child’s experience at school
- Supporting the Admissions process by participating in parent interviews
- Evaluating progress and readiness to identify students ready to move to the next program
- Coordinating with Admissions to provide best placement for each transitioning student
- Providing logistical support, such as helping with lunch in the classrooms, stepping in as a substitute, and serving as the CFA for all Infant and Toddler classrooms.
My main goal this year, above anything, is to provide a sense of unity, whether it be at home or at school, with the teachers, parents and children so that they can have consistency and independence in both environments. I am committed to supporting the teachers so that they can care for the children and focus on their social and emotional health during the school day as well as share with parents the how’s and whys of the Montessori curriculum and best practice. Supporting the children individually both developmentally and emotionally. We are committed to providing the unique experiences that “follow the child”, and maintaining the strong community that Desert Garden has worked so hard to create.
I am so excited to have this opportunity and look forward to getting to know each and every one of you. I can’t wait to work alongside you. I will always be available to be a voice or an ear for you as we work together towards the same thing — growing a healthy and happy child!
Desert Garden Montessori is a place to grow!
We’re all in this together,
Ms. Hillary Stewart