APPLICATION & ENROLLMENT
In keeping with the Montessori philosophy, the vision of Desert Garden Montessori School and our desire to help families find the best school placement for their child(ren), the Application procedure consists of the following:
- Parent(s) must complete a tour of Desert Garden Montessori or attend an Open House before an application will be distributed. Parents may schedule a tour via our website, under Admissions.
- Upon completion of a tour/open house, parents receive an email with instructions and a link to our online Application.
- Parents of Elementary, Middle School, and High School applicants must complete a release form so that records from previous schools can be sent to the School. This includes report cards and standardized testing results. If applicable, this may also include special education information which consists of test results, screenings, educational psychological evaluations, IEP, ILP, 504 and behavior plans, etc.
- Parents complete and submit the Application online with the $75.00 Application fee (per child), along with additional paperwork.
- Applications will be processed in the order received. DGM will contact the family to schedule an interview day and time.
- An Admissions Interview will be scheduled that will include the parents of the applicant (and the applicant, when applicable.).
- The Admissions Interview will include dialogue about the Application, Montessori philosophy and future educational goals.
- As a part of the Admissions process, applicants will have an opportunity to meet with a teacher online and/or participate in a Classroom Visit/Shadow Day.
- Following the Admissions Interview and Student/Teacher Meeting or Visit, parents will receive email notification regarding the status of the application.
- Parents of accepted applicants receive an acceptance letter with a link to complete our online Enrollment Contract.
- Enrollment is complete only upon receipt of the enrollment contract and payment of the enrollment fee.
- Parent/Teacher orientations are held before the student’s first day of school.
We enroll children at Desert Garden Montessori based on the Application process and in a non-discriminatory manner. Desert Garden Montessori reserves the right to place a child in a classroom according to age, gender and learning needs. Students will be considered based upon available class space at the time of application.
Desert Garden Montessori admits students on a non-discriminatory basis and complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws. It is our policy not to discriminate based on an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies equally to employees, applicants for employment, contractors, guests, and enrolled and prospective students and their parents.