What is Spartan?
The Spartan Race is a series of obstacle races of varying distance and difficulty ranging from two miles to marathon distances. As a classic obstacle course racing experience, the race combines relatively easy trail running with 20 obstacles, held on off-road terrain featuring water and mud. Climb walls, crawl under wire, traverse monkey bars, aim a spear throw, and more!
DATE: Sunday, February 27, 2022
LOCATION: Bell Bank Park (Legacy)
1 Legacy Drive, Mesa, AZ 85212
PARKING: Parking is FREE for all spectators & racers
Recommended lots (closest to Spartan Course):
- Lot #1
- Lot #2
- Click here to view the Bell Bank Park map
9 AM to 10:30 AM
11 AM to 11:45 AM
12 PM to 1:30 PM
1:30 PM to 2:00 PM
Race Day Arrival
- Park in Lot #1 or Lot #2
- Follow Bell Bank Park signs leading to registration / course area
- Bring signed waivers for Participants & Spectators
Each Kids Race registration includes two free Festival Passes (spectator passes) per FAMILY.
If you have one child registered, you’ll get two free passes. If you have two children registered, you’ll still only receive two free passes.
There is no need to register these spectators online ahead of time. Just show up with your mini-Spartans and check in with them at the Kids Race registration line.
Additional passes can be purchased on the Spartan website.
Race Day - What to Wear
- DGM Mud Monster Race Gear!
- OLD Tennis shoes
- Wear layers (mornings can be cool)
- May want to wear long sleeve under shirt (highly-encouraged)
- May want to wear tights under shorts (highly-encouraged)
Race Day - What to Bring
- Race Registration
- Race Waiver(s)
- Parent/Guardian Photo ID
- Water bottle (no glass)
- Change of clothes for racer
- Baby wipes
- Jacket/sweatshirt for cool morning
- Coolers are permitted for water only
- Backpacks are permitted (subject to search at entrance)
- Spartan SPIRIT!
Race Day - What Not to Bring
- Tents/shade structures
- Glass bottles
- Alcoholic beverages
Questions prior to race: